Eliminating Bridal Show Woes
Bridal shows are undoubtedly the best source of information for any bride or groom-to-be regarding every last aspect of their wedding. From cake to DJs, wedding decorations to the dress, you’ll be able to get tips, ideas and more. But with hundreds of brides all desperately combing through the potential wedding amenities, it was bound to get a little ugly.
Hold up! This is supposed to be the fun part, isn’t it?? Let’s take a moment to take a deep breath and take some precautionary action before getting thrown into potential information overload. Following these simple steps will ensure you get the most out of the bridal show and minimize stress for an enjoyable experience!
- First and foremost, plan for a long day. Nix the heels, comfy shoes are an absolute must. When your dogs are barking the furthest thing from your mind will be which cake tastes better.
- Next, summon a bridal show crew. Whether you just bring your mom, a friend who has gone through this process before or your sister, you will definitely want a second opinion on things. Don’t trust yourself to not make impulse decisions!
- Decide what your status on the wedding planning is. Narrow down the services you’re still looking for and what of those are most important. Go for those first.
- Since vendors are going to be handing out countless brochures and other written information, you’ll want to bring something to carry everything in. Any kind of tote bag or backpack will work just fine.
- Bridal shows are constantly holding sweepstakes and giveaways, which are great chances to walk away with something you’ve been wanting for your wedding (even a honeymoon!) free of charge! But no one likes filling out countless ballots with your name, address and phone number over and over and over again. That’s a first class ticket to carpal-tunnel -town! So to save some strain and time, bring a set of pre-printed address stickers that you can just smack on the ballots and slip them in.
- Write out questions you’ve been paining to ask any of the vendors ahead of time to avoid the “coulda, shoulda, woulda”This way you’ll know ahead of time if the DJ can play N*Sync, if you can get a cake replica of the Eiffel tower and if the venue can accommodate a petting zoo (weddings can get crazy sometimes, okay?!).
- As you’re making the rounds and talking to the vendors, be social! You’ll want to find vendors who have a good attitude toward your wedding. The last thing you need is a prima donna as a photographer. This is your day!
- If up and coming wedding fashion is important to you, a main factor of these bridal shows is going to be the fashion shows. Check out the times beforehand if you can, that way you don’t miss out on any of the glitz and glam!
- Comfy clothes and shoes
- Bridal buddies
- List of important services
- Backpack or tote bag
- Pre-printed address stickers
- List of questions for specific vendors
- Itinerary including fashion show times
- Open mind, but proceed with caution!
- Have fun!
Now that you’re ready to venture off into the sea of wedding vendors, have fun with all your bridal experiences and check out these bridal shows near you!
San Antonio's Wedding Fair – Sunday, June 10, 2012 @ Noon – 5 p.m.
Houston's Bridal Extravaganza Show – Saturday & Sunday, July 21 – 22, 2012
Austin's Bridal Extravaganza – Sunday, June 3, 2012 @ Noon - 6 p.m.